16 Mile Ride
16 Mile Route 8:00am
- By registering, you AGREE to the waiver which can be found here: https://18.104.22.168/docs/TourdeBoerne_Waiver.pdf
- Includes fully supported ride route, bbq lunch, craft beer, music and lots of fun! Register by May 11 to get an event t-shirt.
|You Agree To Waiver||
Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnification Agreement
1. ACTIVITY AND ASSOCIATED RISKS: I have chosen to participate in the following activity: Bike Tour (cycling)
(hereinafter referred to as “the Activity”), which is organized by Tour de Boerne (hereinafter referred to as “TDB”). I understand that:
*the Activity is inherently hazardous, and I may be exposed to dangers and hazards, including some of the following (depending on the nature of the Activity): falls, fractures, concussions, dangerous weather, overexertion, overheating, injuries from my lack of fitness or conditioning, hypothermia, hostile or aggressive wildlife, death, equipment failures, losing control of or crashing the bike, traffic, collisions with moving or parked vehicles or other obstacles, road and/or mountain bike trail hazards (for example – sewer gratings, gravel, logs and debris), failure to wear a helmet and/or other protective equipment, and negligence of others;
5. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS: I agree to follow the rules for the Activity provided to me and to follow directions given to me by the leaders of the Activity, including WEARING A BICYCLE HELMET whenever I am riding.
6. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS: I acknowledge that TDB has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the actions of any independent contractors providing any services for the Activity.
7. USE OF MY LIKENESS: I understand that during the Activity I may be photographed or videotaped. To the fullest extent allowed by law, I waive all rights of publicity or privacy or pre-approval that I have for any such likeness of me or use of my name in connection with such likeness, and I grant to TDB and its assigns permission to copyright, use, and publish (including by electronic means) such likeness of me, whether in whole or part, in any form, without restrictions, and for any purpose.
8. SEVERABILITY: I agree that the purpose of this agreement is that it shall be an enforceable RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Texas law. I agree that if any portion or provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I also agree that any invalid provision will be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purpose of the agreement.
9. APPLICABLE LAW, FORUM & ATTORNEY’S FEES: This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without any reference to its choice of law rules. In any litigation in which the validity or enforceability of this agreement is contested, I agree that the non-prevailing party will pay all attorney’s fees and costs of the parties seeking to uphold the agreement.
Signature:____________________________________________ Date: ________________________________
If participant is a minor, signature of parent or responsible adult is required below:
In consideration of the minor child being permitted to participate in the Activity, I accept and agree to the full contents of this agreement. I certify that I have the authority to sign on behalf of the minor child and to make decisions for the minor child regarding this Activity. I also agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND the Released Parties (defined in Section 3) from all liabilities and claims that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occurs to the minor child during the Activity or in any way related to the Activity. This includes any claim of the minor and any claim arising from the negligence of the Released Parties. I understand that nothing in this agreement is intended to release claims for gross negligence, intentional, or reckless misconduct, or any other liabilities that Texas law does not permit to be excluded by agreement.
Parent/Responsible Adult Signature: ____________________________________________________________
Name Printed: _______________________________________________________________________________
(relationship):____________________________________________ Date: ______________________________