June 27, 2020
Tour de Boerne
Cycling Fundraising Event
Social Distancing Protocol and Guidelines at
Don Strange Ranch Event Center
This protocol is being established to ensure the safety and health of all participants and volunteers with respect to the challenges being presented by the Covid-19 virus.
- All volunteers will be provided with masks to be worn over nose and mouth and will be expected to wear them at all times while at the event.
- Sanitizer dispensers will be available at all rest stations and Port-a-Potty/Bathroom locations.
- Six foot social distancing rule will be encouraged between all participants and volunteers at all times while at the Don Strange Event Center and at the rest stations.
- Day of event registration will be available with six foot social distancing required.
- A catered box lunch in a Styrofoam container will be set up at self-serve stations at the Don Strange Event Center over a period of four hours. Six Foot Social Distancing will be required.
- Catering staff will wear masks and gloves at all times while in the food staging area. No one but the catering staff will be allowed to be in the food staging and serving area.
- Volunteer SAG Vehicle Drivers will wear masks and gloves when in contact with cyclists that need transportation back to the Don Strange Ranch Event Center and will have masks available for any cyclists they transport.
OFFICIAL Tour de Boerne Covid-19 Statement
Welcome to the 2nd Annual Tour de Boerne! Our team is looking forward to enjoying this event with each of you as we come together doing what we all enjoy, a beautiful ride in the Texas Hill Country. We know that COVID-19 is still a reality. Although no guarantee can be made, our team has been working on ways to make the ride as safe as possible for the health of our riders, volunteers, venue partners and staff. We are eager to get back to riding in Texas again, but we cannot do it without your help!
Please stay home and contact one of our team members, prior to arriving to the Tour de Boerne bike ride event, if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms/situations-cough, shortness of breath, chills, body aches, fever of 100.4 or greater, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, OR if you have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days
Rider Health and Safety Precautions
To promote the safety of all riders, volunteers and staff participating in the 2020 Tour de Boerne, please review the following reminders as well as precautionary measures in place to decrease the risk of spreading COVID-19 include:
- Open air venue.
- Staggered bike ride starts.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at aid stations and venue location.
- Box lunches will be available after the ride as well as minimizing contact for distribution of drinks at the venue.
- Please dispose of your own food containers/drinks/trash in a provided receptacle at the aid stations and venue.
- Throughout the event, please practice social distancing of at least 6 feet from others. Give each other space in packet pickup lines, registration, food/beverage lines, restrooms as well as at the starting lineup area.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth or face. Cover coughs/sneezes.
- Please sanitize your hands frequently, bring a mask to wear for situations at the venue that may make following the social distance of at least 6 feet apart from other non-household riders difficult. Riders will not need to wear masks while participating in the actual ride.
- If you need the assistance of a SAG car, please apply your mask, if possible before entering the vehicle.